1901 to 1937
Hillbro was built in 1901 as a wedding gift for Frank Reddiough (age 31) and Marion Denby (age 26) from their parents (John Reddiough and John Denby). They married on 14th September, 1902.
Hillbro was built by the family firm of Ellis, builders. According to their custom they hoisted a flag as soon as the roof was completed. A celebration was held and each workman received a small gift. The interior was furnished with panelling and staircase by Christopher Pratts of Bradford.
Frank and Marion lived at Hillbro between 1901 and 1928. Their marriage was childless. Marion died in March, 1928, aged 51 years. Later in 1928, Frank married Sarah Mountain of Perseverance Street, Baildon, and a year later they had a child, Ruth.
In 1935, they moved out of Hillbro to live at another large mansion, Kirkfields, further down Holden Lane (now demolished).
Frank died in 1938 when Ruth was 9 years old. Frank’s brother Frederic and his family lived at Hillbro from 1935 to 1937 before moving back to the family home, Beech Mount. Frederic died in 1963.







